Commvault Executive Leadership Challenges Businesses to Expect More from Their Data Management Providers in Joint Commvault GO 2018 Keynote
Hammer and Bunte will also highlight new innovations and partnerships announced at Commvault GO demonstrating how
- Commvault Completeä Backup & Recovery takes on AI/ML-powered automation to create a "self-driving-like" experience.
- Delivering on the promise of the cloud through automated and orchestrated resource management, control and how a multi-cloud environment is a smart extension of the modern on-premises data center.
- Extension of data activation solutions that discover, profile and map all of an enterprise's data, while also identifying and classifying data risk and exposure.
Raising Expectations for Data Backup, Recovery and Management
As Hammer and Bunte will cover in their keynote, today enterprises are not just faced with rapidly growing volumes and types of data, but a proliferation of applications, and an increase in on-premises infrastructures and multi-cloud environments. Enterprises are also combating extremely sophisticated ransomware and other cyberattacks, trying to comply with strict data compliance and privacy regulations, as well as to leverage data analytics to inform their business strategy. No longer can IT just meet operational milestones – it must now achieve results that improve business outcomes.
The data protection market "status quo" is not empowering enterprises to meet these challenges. Leading edge consumer technology companies (like
Self-driving Backup and Recovery Reduces Costs, Speeds Data Recovery
In their keynote, Hammer and Bunte will outline how Commvault Completeä Backup & Recovery's "self-driving-like" experience simplifies IT operations and administration with three AI and ML-powered capabilities:
- Autonomous Operations self-adjusts load balancing, self-corrects scheduling and self-optimizes storage utilization, automating routine, tedious operations while improving staff productivity and backup and recovery performance.
- Dynamic Recovery automatically monitors an enterprise's infrastructure, operations, resources and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and then dynamically adjusts any type of workload to meet its specific recovery SLA.
- Intelligent Anomaly management enhances anomaly detection with smart filters able to identify anomalies that can wait and anomalies that cannot, so administrators are only alerted to anomalies that they need to immediately take action on.
Simple Smart Cloud
The joint executive keynote will highlight how
Unprecedented Insights with Commvault Activate
Hammer and Bunte will explore how Commvault Activate is addressing one of the most pressing CIO dilemmas today: knowing what data they have across the enterprise. Commvault Activate's powerful indexing, metadata analysis and visualization reporting capabilities have been enhanced to provide enterprises with deeper and broader discovery, profiling and mapping of their data, whether it is in the cloud, on-premises, stored virtually or on mobile devices. The knowledge generated by this data discovery can be used to act on the data for business outcomes. In addition, the Commvault Activate for Sensitive Data application provides enterprises with insights into their data they can use to ensure personal or other relevant data is stored in compliance with data privacy regulations, such as GDPR and the new
"For more than 20 years, we have challenged IT and business leaders' data protection software expectations; today we are doing this again with software that does not just help IT and business leaders work, but also does some of the work for them," said
Commvault Unveils New Solutions and Services That Deliver Outcomes that Customers Value Most
Additional news coming out of Commvault GO includes:
- As-a-Service Portfolio: The new Commvault Complete Backup and Recovery as-a-Service (B&RaaS) portfolio brings organizations of any size the full-featured power of its flagship offering, Commvault Completeä Backup & Recovery, with convenient, as-a-service packages that are outcome-driven and simplify data protection and management. The portfolio includes three new cloud-based services – Commvault Complete B&RaaS, Commvault Complete B&RaaS for Virtual Machines (VMs), and Commvault Complete B&RaaS for Native Cloud Applications – providing customers the flexibility to select specific outcomes that best fit their business needs and use cases to drive increased simplicity, ease of use and cost savings.
- Expanded Appliance Family: Two additions to the
Commvaultfamily of cloud-ready appliances – the Commvault HyperScale Appliance (model HS3300), a larger, innovative scale-out infrastructure for managed service providers (MSPs) and large enterprises, and the Commvault Remote Office Appliance, a turnkey appliance that enables enterprises to extend Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery solutions to smaller remote offices.
- New Commvault Command Center: redefining the modern enterprise software interface and becoming the single customer engagement console across
Commvault'sfull solutions portfolio. The application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to analyze and automate tasks required to manage data operations requires a new approach to interacting with data management software. Commvault Command Center shifts the paradigm to a focus on business and operational outcomes.
- Continued Partner Momentum: Bringing powerfully simple backup and recovery solutions to the channel with news that
NetAppand NetAppchannel partners are now reselling Commvault, as well as a seamless integration of Commvaultsolutions with Hewlett Packard EnterpriseStoreOnce storage technology.
- Commvault HyperScale Momentum:Rural Servicios Informáticos (RSI) has implemented Commvault HyperScale™ software as part of on-going efforts to manage the complete lifecycle of its varied, business critical, data assets. The company implemented a scale-out approach as part of long-term, strategic decision to build an advanced, cloud-ready environment, capable of protecting and managing both on-premises and in-cloud data requirements, to deliver maximum protection and availability to their customers.
Picturing the Possibilities at the Industry's Leading Event for Data Experts
Through mainstage keynotes and the more than 150 breakout sessions, attendees will explore how to help their organizations simplify, streamline and scale their data protection efforts. With the GOx keynote session, attendees will hear eight separate presentations through a series of rapid-fire speakers examining everything from AI, to the Cloud, to 'data protection-as-a-service' and more – all to help solve the biggest and most pressing data questions faced by business and IT leaders today.
Commvault GO 2018
Commvault GO 2018 is
Take part in and engage with the online conversation across social media by using #CommvaultGO and follow
Safe Harbor Statement: Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein;
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/commvault-executive-leadership-challenges-businesses-to-expect-more-from-their-data-management-providers-in-joint-commvault-go-2018-keynote-300728552.html
Media Contact: Leo Tignini, Commvault, 732-728-5378, firstname.lastname@example.org, @leotignini; Investor Relations Contact: Michael Picariello, Commvault, 732-728-5380, email@example.com