New Hedvig Capabilities Enable Commvault to Unify Multi-Cloud Storage and Data Management
"New capabilities converge many of the latest storage, container and cloud technologies, allowing enterprises to automate manual infrastructure management processes and simplify their multi-cloud environments," said
The innovative software-defined storage capabilities introduced today will enable enterprises to automate and simplify storage administration, reduce storage costs and accelerate time to value. They include:
- Container Storage Interface (CSI) support, which enables enterprises to use
Commvaultfor the management of Kubernetes and other container orchestrators (COs).
- Built-in data center availability, which helps enterprises improve data resiliency.
- Support for erasure coding, which improves storage efficiency.
- Comprehensive support for multi-tenant data centers, including the ability to manage tenant level access, control, and encryption settings, which will allow managed service providers (MSPs) to deliver storage solutions across hybrid cloud environments.
- Multi-data center cluster management, alerting and reporting, empowering enterprises and MSPs to configure and administer all their data centers' software-defined storage infrastructure from a single location.
Plans are underway to use Hedvig's technologies to enhance to its data management automation and storage provisioning capabilities and expand its support for application containers and microservices. Together, these and other Hedvig integration initiatives will support
Safe Harbor Statement: Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein;
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-hedvig-capabilities-enable-commvault-to-unify-multi-cloud-storage-and-data-management-300938569.html
Media Contact: Leo Tignini | Commvault | 732-728-5378 | email@example.com; Investor Relations Contact: Michael Melnyk | Commvault | 732-870-4581 | firstname.lastname@example.org